Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Runaways @ Y-town Tomorrow Club

  1. #1
    Inactive Member RustBeltSean's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    CC / JJ - the one time that I was able to get to a Runaways concert was at the Youngstown, OH Tomorrow Club in 1978 (I think). I remember having to use a fake ID to get in, but it was worth it. When the curtains went up, you all had your backs to the audience, and all I can remember thinking was 'Wow'! That was a fun show, and if I can get hold of the pictures my friend took of that concert, I will post them.

    Do either of you remember the name of the opening band? I went to a lot of concerts at that club, and it was a great time to be a rock fan.

    CC, I also saw your 'chainsaw' site, and I still have to say 'Wow'! And yes, the carvings are cool, too. I just bought an Echo the other day to clean up a major mess that an April snowstorm left. I tried to do the bear thing a couple of times and just ended up with some ugly firewood.

    Enough rambling - you were babes then, and ultra-babes now. Thanks for the memories and keep rockin!

    Sean

  2. #2
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hi RustBeltSean,
    Welcome to Cherie's message board! She's in Canada searching for Big Foot right now, or I'm sure she'd welcome you herself! She's just that kind of a sweetheart!

    Here is a shortcut to Joan's board for your convenience.

    You are so lucky to have seen Cherie and Joan and the Runaways back in the day! Must have been before 78 though if Cherie was there!

    I'd love to see those photos you mentioned, 4 sure!

    Happy posting!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to the board RustBeltSean~

    I came close to seeing The Runaways at CBGB's in NYC back in 1976 or early 77" I could only get to the door, I believe they were sold out if I'm not mistaken, alot of people were out in the street with me just having a great time plus I was 13 at that time. It was still cool [img]cool.gif[/img] to say the least. Rock On... [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic